Thursday, January 8, 2015

It's Cold. It's Freakin' COLD!

Brrr.....that's all I got today. Brrrrrrrrr....

Lucky for me I don't have to go outside until much later, but unlucky for me it'll be dark then, so it'll be colder than it is right now with the sun shining.

Thought I would share my morning snack with you today.  I've decided to take up yoga again, in an effort to  get myself to a better place physically.  Over a year ago I bought a yoga DVD set; came with a book showing you how to do each pose, 2 foam blocks, a strap, and a DVD.  This time last year I went through the introductory part of the DVD that showed you how to do the combination of poses that they use a lot in the DVD. Things got busy, and well, all excuses aside I didn't look at it again until this past Tuesday.  I did the "transitions" part of the DVD, which shows you how they transition from one pose sequence to another.  Went a bit fast but...whatever.  Then I hit PLAY.  Eighteen minutes if way too fast-paced yoga that I gave up after twelve minutes.  It was horrible.  Same sets of moves over and over, and NOT at all for beginners.

I really wish I had tried this DVD more completely last year, when I could've possibly returned it,  Now I'm stuck with it; may try again one day, but in the meantime I know own two foam blocks and a strap.  haha.

Back to the food...after all, that's what this blog was supposed to be about, right?  It's branched off as time has gone on, turning more and more into a lifestyle blog.  And I'm good with that.  I think that's what I want it to be.




Small handful of mixed nuts, a wedge of monterey jack cheese, and a couple of strawberries.  Yum! Perfect combo to give me energy for some yoga.

A friend recommended a series on YouTube...so will play one while eating my snack.  Then hopefully give it a try!

I'd love to hear any recommendations you have!

Happy Eating!
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment