Sunday, January 18, 2015

Fun new cooking show

I've gotten myself addicted to a new cooking show on the Food Network, called Daphne Dishes.  Daphne is quite funny, being a stand-up comedian and all; is married to a professional chef, and is a personal friend of a friend of mine.  Because of that last statement, I tuned into her first episode.  And well, I liked her.  She seems real, and I like that.

So today as I watched one of her new episodes (noon EST on Sundays) I fell madly in love with her pound cake with strawberries.  My boys won't eat the balsamic strawberries that she made, so mine were plain, and instead of vanilla ice cream I made home made whipped cream, but her pound cake I made as advertised. OMG so good!  With five eggs and 1 and 3/4 sticks butter, it's got to be good, right?  Yeah...it was.  I definitely plan on making this again and again.

Here is a link to her recipe:

Butter-toasted-vanilla-pound-cake-with-macerated-strawberries.html?soc=sharingpinterest

Here is a pic of mine; pretty awesome, huh?




Yeah, I thought you would think so.  Tomorrow, should there be any leftovers, I will try toasting it like Daphne does.  In the meantime...

Happy Eating!
Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment