Wednesday, October 16, 2013

October 15

Half way through the challenge!!  How is everyone doing?  I'd love to hear from some of you.  Now that we made it half way, it's all downhill to the end and we can do this!!  My blog counts have been going up and up since the challenge started, so thanks for stopping by everyone!!!

I'm curious as to how much of this challenge will stick when the month is over.  I read a lot of posts in the Facebook group from people who are overwhelming themselves with making everything from scratch - many all in one day.  They are making bread, and cheese, and butter...the whole kitchen going at once.  I hope they don't get discouraged at the end saying it was too much work.  I envy those who make the attempt at cheese - looks like fun!!  While I do have the time, I do not have the drive.  Not yet, anyway.  I am in awe of those who are putting forth all the effort.

I am really close to buying a breadmaker. More on that in future posts.

Breakfast:  Finished up the Cascadian Farms Cinnamon Crunch that my kids didn't like, with organic skim milk, coffee & half and half

Morning Snack: banana Chobani

Lunch: ~hangs head~ french fries at Costco. I was really hungry & was getting lightheaded. :( But I did avoid every single sample lady!! I thought I'd make it home to eat but then in line I started feeling weird...and of course nothing in my cart was something I could pick on.  So...~hangs head~

Afternoon Snack: none

Dinner: chicken soup with broth made from last night's chicken, with barley, organic mixed veggies & leftover chicken; Kirkland Lake Country cheese, Fiorucci All Natural Uncured hard salami & fresh crusty bread.  

Evening Snack: handful or three or five of Angie's Kettle Corn


Happy Eating!
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment