Thursday, October 3, 2013

October 2

Breakfast: Honeydew from my local farmers market, followed at bit later with a cup of coffee with half n half, and a whole wheat bagel.  The bagel has organic peanut butter on one half, and butter & "all natural" jelly on the other.  My husband came home with this jelly one day, thinking he did a good thing.  It's made by Welch's...here is the link: http://www.welchs.com/products/jams-jellies-and-spreads/natural/natural-concord-grape-spread jury is still out, but I guess it's better than anything else I've tried.  I've had a difficult time finding a jam-type product I like.   I've tried a few different organic types, but no luck.  May try making my own one day!!  As for the butter, I use: Land O Lakes Butter with Olive Oil.  http://www.landolakes.com/Products/Custom/15179.aspx  Opinions?

Morning Snack: blueberry Chobani

Lunch: Boars Head roast beef with provolone on whole wheat roll from farmers market.

Afternoon snack: Unreal candy - a handful or three or five - The Gimmie Ones. :)

Dinner:  last minute company for dinner tonite!  I had a roasted turkey breast in the freezer I quickly defrosted, since I did not have enough to feed my guests with what I had originally planned to make. The turkey breast is from Kirkland, no preservatives, chemicals or fillers. Mashed potatoes and organic white corn on the side.

Evening snack: more wine...

Happy eating!!
Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy!
    I like Bonne Maman jams - they are straight up fruit, sugar and pectin and you can buy it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete