Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October 7

Week one if the challenge is done!!  I found out about the challenge only a few days before it started; so I didn't have a lot of time to prepare or plan what my goals were going to be.  We have been eating as clean as we could as a family for a long time now - and as the week has gone by I have thought about it and came to the following conclusions:

1 - I want to be more aware of the little ingredients that are in my food I had been over looking and find out more information about them
2 - I want to build a larger network of clean eaters for support
3 - I want to see what areas we have been lacking in, with choosing our foods
4 - I want to find new products and brands that my family will enjoy

How's that...to start!


Breakfast:  3 slices Vermont cinnamon raisin bread spread with local honey, coffee with half n half

Morning snack: banana Chobani

Lunch: salad with organic Caesar salad dressing, leftover grilled pizza from last night

Afternoon snack: a few handfuls of Angie's Kettle Corn

Dinner: Barilla White Fiber thin spaghetti (ingredients: SEMOLINA, DURHAM WHEAT FLOUR, WHOLE DURHAM WHEAT FLOUR, CORN STARCH, NIACIN, IRON, THIAMINE, MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID) - does not pass kitchen test - with home made pesto sauce.  The pesto was made with organic basil and organic olive oil.  The pine nuts and garlic are not organic. Romano cheese is also in the pesto.  Garlic bread made with butter and fresh ground garlic on the side.

Dessert: home made applesauce!! Grabbed a bunch of apples at the farmers market today, threw in a couple pears that were over ripe, and a couple cinnamon sticks.  Tada!! Fresh applesauce. NO ADDED SUGAR!

Evening snack:  glass of wine

Happy Eating!
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment